Monday, May 10, 2010

Can't Sleep, Too Excited

Tomorrow and Thursday my 12 year old sister will be sitting the NAPLAN. Basically
I have been waiting two years for this.

If you don't watch the news NAPLAN is a numeracy and literacy test sat by years 3, 5, 7 and 9 and the individual results are compared to all other tests state wide.

It used to be called the Wellners.

My sister did so poorly in year five that it has been an ongoing joke within my family for two years.

For example

  • When watching Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? she answers every question wrong and is met with "was that on the Wellners?". Note: according to 2008 NAPLAN she is only smarter than approximately 50% of WA's fifth graders
  • My mum, brother and I waited for her at the end of her 100m sprint at the sports carnival and she is met with "was running on the Wellners?"
  • When playing Junior Trivial Pursuit every time it is her turn to answer a question we pretend it is "what colour is a fire engine?" until she actually gets one that says "what colour is celery?" and she gets it wrong...

WAS THAT ON THE WELLNERS???



No comments: