Thursday, January 27, 2011

FUCK SNAKES

Clare and I just got back from staying at our friend's farm in Eagle Bay. It is one of my favorite places to go, however this year something really scary happened and now I'm not so sure.

I was sitting on the veranda on Tuesday, along with a handful of other people when a snakey slithered up next to me. The next bit was a bit hazy but I jumped up on my chair and launched myself inside, and ran into the bedroom. When it was over (apparently when I screamed the snake got so scared it slithered into the wall and then ran away) everyone was a bit cross with me. Apparently when I ran inside I closed the front door, locking everyone outside with a poisonous dugite. I swear I didn't! I maintain that this guy did it...



So anyway, we were on our way back to Perth on Australia Day when we noticed there was a fair in Busselton so we stopped. There were some snakes there and Clarey got her picture taken with one.



She asked me if I wanted my picture taken with the snake. I hesitated for a moment then decided that this might prove that I am NOT the huge pussy everyone thinks I am, and anyway what a great photo op!!!



I was pretty calm at first but Clare couldn't figure out how to use my camera and after what seemed like a year with this snake wrapped around me I started to freak out a little, and people were starting to notice.



Check out this judgmental look I'm getting from these bitches!

I think the worst part is that my dreams have been crushed; I have always thought that if I'm still single and working in retail when I'm 32 then I would just go on Farmer Wants a Wife, not so much for the dude but for the animals (horses, lambs, dogs, calves, little ducklings, etc). I have now come to realise that the outback is full of DANGEROUS CREATURES and I can't handle that. I choose the big smoke forevs and evs.

No comments: