Thursday, November 18, 2010

Viva La

This one time I got really excited about the prospect of fucking da man! and revolution! and young labor! and politics! and making changes! and the world!

Then I read this paragraph by Bukowski;

but before you kill something make sure you have something better to replace it with; something better than political opportunist slamming hate horseshit in the public park. if you are going to pay through the nose get something better than a 36 month warranty. as yet, I have seen nothing but this emotional and romantic yen for Revolution; I've seen no solid leader or no realistic platform to insure AGAINST the betrayal that has always, so far, followed. if I am going to kill a man I don't want to see him replaced by a carbon copy of the same man and the same way. we have wasted history like a bunch of drunks shooting dice back in the men's crapper of the local bar.


So I just went back to worrying about my chipped fingernails and how much money I had lost at the TAB that week and what I was going to wear on the weekend instead, and I'm much happier now!


No comments: