Monday, September 28, 2009

Hip.. stir?



After numerous drive by insults while riding my bike and my recent trip to Melbourne I've decided to answer the question "What is a hipster.. and more importantly, am I one?" once and for all. I've done hours of research on such popular social networking sites as Facebook and Twitter, and this is what some of what I have come up with.

I phrased the question PLS REPLY AND TELL ME WOT U FINK A HIPSTER IZ? on Twitter and the answers included;

spaks@sexykits jordan kirks is a hipster

Neekatron@sexykits a hipster is an ancient japanese mating ritual involving an empty sheep

Geekbeat@sexykits you're a hipster

spaks@sexykits dats hipsta

Thanks for your help guys.

On Facebook I asked "What is a hipster anyway?" and the replies included some girl posting me the wikipedia definition (More on that later) and these;

Geoffrey Power-King
www.latfh.com

So, that is two votes for me being a hipster from Twitter AND Facebook. Fuck. Am I one? Most of the ever popular hipster bingos I had already seen are generally New York or London based and really don't apply to a young woman in Perth these days so I feel if I use them for comparison I might be shortchanging it, or myself. Then I checked Aslan's favourite blog (apart from ours) www.hipsterrunoff.com and found one that I thought might be suitable, if Carles didn't take such a heavy irony bath the night before.



My score is looking something like this.


I used to be a party photographer just for free shit, I love Jeremy Scott, in 2007 I real liked to wear Supre text shirts for funs, I own 1 pair of real Wayfarers and 3 pairs of knockoffs (I've now moved onto the Clubmasters), I wear leggings 3 times a week, 2007 was also the year of neon for me, I am friends with tonnes of gheys, I guess James counts as a keut azn, now that I actually have tits I real like to get them out, and I have heaps of alt bros.

Urban Dictionary has a phenomenal amount of entries for the word hipster. I think this one is my favourite.

9. hipster 378 up, 70 down love it hate it

A "hipster" is what "hipsters" call other "hipsters" to detract attention away from their own "hipsterness." A "hipster" was once the word du jour for cool and hip people, but now that its uncool and unhip to be hip and cool, it's what unhip and uncool hip cool people call other hip cool people so that we might not be confused with hip cool people. Cause that would be unhip. Dig?


From all my research the only thing that I have gathered is that the definition of a hipster is a person who would be terribly offended if they were in fact, called a hipster.
So to all you fucks that lean out of your 80s Corollas and scream at me, go ahead. I'm rubber and you're glue and everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

8 comments:

Annik said...

I drove an 80s Corolla for five years, you bitch.

teenage.wildlife said...

sounds like something a hipster would say..

Yeah, Right. said...

I'm rubber and you're glue

Queefer Sutherland said...

Oh baby, you have crazy coke eyes! DREAM BIG!

Jimmy Hats said...

Maybe that one time? Ya know?
And I am going to the Steve Aoki gig? Ya know?

Love G racey

tanya said...

lawl, pretty sure you yelled fixie at me whilst riding my bike once. it's single speed mang :(

Jimmy Hats said...

DUN WORRY TANYA I even yell that at small children with training wheels.

semtex benedict said...

damn it feels good to be a hipster