Thursday, October 15, 2009

Photos

Crappy photos are everywhere. That is really profound so stop and think about it for a second. It seems like everywhere you go there are a million bozos with their "Nikons" and their "Canons" taking photos of whatever it is that you went to. No exhibition, show, party or motherfucking bbq goes undocumented anymore cause no wants to let these glorious events fade into our glory days (see what I did there).

BUT I have a major problem. I don't rly like being in photos. I always seem to look like a jerk in them and I have a range of facial expressions that go from obnoxious to obnoxious. So if I don't get my photo taken at a relevant exhibition how will anyone know I'm relevant and on point? How will anyone know that me, Clarke Weldon, is an important, fashionable youth if I'm not on the party photo/street style circuit and yet still retain my anti-trend, "I hate photos and this narcissistic culture" tood?

Yeah, you're stumped and you feel bad for me. Luckily I am waaayyy smarter than you and have figured out a way to achieve my dreams, reach for the moon and ~*even if I miss I've landed amongst the stars*~ with this little baby.



PHOTOBOMBING WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THIS B4. I will be seen, I'll be in all the right photos but for all the wrong reasons! You'll see the picture in the appropriate street rag and be like "Look at the little deformity in the corner! What a wit! I bet she hates this narcissistic culture!". It's so fool proof! And I have actually (you could call me a 'pioneer' a 'trailblazer' - it's fine) already done my fair share of photobombing. I remember being at Club Bayview in 2006 or so and rolling my eyes back into my head in the background of some biff photos - who some months later actually recognised me at Amplifier and yelled "Hey Brad!! It's the Ghoul! The Ghoul! From Myspace!!". Dude actually went on to try and make out with me so I guess it's also a sexually attractive practice.

So be on the lookout for my possessed face in the b/g of dropstitch, street muse, we met last night, six thousand, drum, xpress! Love Clarke xoxo

No comments: