Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Desperately Seeking Lemon

I had an epiphany on Monday night. I was lying in bed watching TV while writing a list of things I need to do to get my life in order.

I was more pumped than Clare’s boss just before the 40% off Lacoste sale. I was all like “YEAH this is it! I’m going to be a different person!”

While I was writing it 30 Rock came on, Liz Lemon was talking to Kenneth Ellen about how she had just bought storage equipment and was going to get her life in order and be a new person (she too was super pumped) before getting run over by a bike messenger.

After than I just stopped writing. I realized that there is no point in trying to get my life together. I’m always going to be the girl who occasionally doesn’t shower, doesn’t sleep every Tuesday night, who tries diet fads labeled as “dangerous duds” in Famous magazine, likes to indulge in ‘second dinner’ every now and then and gets so obsessed with TV shows that she can’t focus on anything else until she has watched it beginning to end four or five times. And that’s okay.