Sunday, December 7, 2008

The House Next Door

OK so our next-door neighbours are junkie squatters and a murderer. JK, but the place next door is this massive abandoned old house. Mandatory needles, weird shoes from the 90s and crusty blankets prevail. One night en route to get hot dogs from H-Spot with DJ AM I swear I saw a light on in the building. FALSE ALARM. The place is as safe as the Mighty Mouse rollercoaster at the Royal Show (ie kinda not but really you're gonna be ok). It's such a z-grade snorefest that me and my mom and my dad went over there to get mulberries today.

That being said, I got that urge to make this place into a little cubby. You know, building fortresses outta couch cushions and eating sandwiches in there style. I thought there were two wood-fire pizza ovens in the backyard but my dad was all "those are kilns, you dumb bitch". Touche dad!


Brakin 'N' Nterin


Wutz in dat dere room Glen??


Peekaboo!!


Looking at trash


Trash Gash


Cactus best friend. PS - if anyone wants to win my friendship and affection plz steal this cactus for me and put it in my room.

Gemmer was using her camera's flash basically as a torch so those pix donut really capture how immense it is but TEVS you should go there. What are you guyses favourite abandoned places to explore?? I don't think anyone will answer that. More importantly, the rabbit that lives at our house let me pat it today, which was a major break through. It dug a hole in the lawn and kept putting its face and then butt in it. Rabbits are weird!!


Love Clare xoxo

No comments: