Friday, July 11, 2008

Working 9 to 5

FACT: I am the Woody Allen of the science world.

Today at my rully cool job I spent about an hour meticulously preparing a fluorescent assay of some sampz (samples) into one of these babies:

I even went so far as to evaporate interfering solvents under nitrogen, it was serious bizness. Some weird German people wanted to come visit our lab but got scared by the BIOHAZARD and PHYSICAL CONTAINMENT LEVEL 2 stickers all over our door. Then they saw me sans lab coat/gloves and also listening to some jams on my pod and probably got less scared. I do not look like I am bothered by biohazards. Anyway they were a distraction and I'm allergic to Germans. I got caught by surprise by a heinous sneeze and spattered my snot all over my plate! Experiment ruined.

Love from Clare in that one scene in Annie Hall xoxo


p.s. - I bet the dudes from that band We Are Scientists are like not actually scientists.

No comments: