Friday, June 20, 2008

Haterade

Getting hated on is not that fun. It happens to the C.O.D a lot, mainly because we're obnoxious and we like to make fun of everything. A couple months ago this dude punched Gracey in the face outside the Manor because she told him to go back to Claremont Fresh Provisions and get his mum to buy him marinated octopus "with all her money". He could not handle that. But this one time, two dudes hated on me with such style it felt like I was in on the joke. Like it didn't matter I was the brunt because it felt good to be part of something, y'know?

I was walking to 24 hour McD to get a burger when this car slowed down and unwound their window. I was prepared. But not prepared for a dude dressed as Flava Flava to throw his clock at me! I think it hit me in my guts. They drove off and probably yelled something, I donut know. I was kinda steaming anyway so when I got into the mega queue at McDs, I was bumming hard. Who the fuck gets hit with a clock.

The two dudes behind me in the queue tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around and they asked DO YOU HAVE THE TIME? and then started laffing hard. Totally the Flava Flav guys. It was a really clean pun to end the Flava Flav drive by and I think I actually laughed with them and said "That was amazing". Because it was.

Love Clare xoxo


1 comment:

youhateplanes said...

This one time I was riding on the train and I had just picked up a bin at crazy clarks or some other cheapo joint because the one in my house stinks of fish (my housemates likes cats). I was feeling really good about picking this particular bin up since I was contributing to the household and stuff, which is really important, and stuff.

At this point I was just gazing out the window waiting for the train to take off. Suddenly this fat old guy eating ice cream out of one of those little tubs, the ones that come with miniscule wooden spoons, comes up to me and says "Finally found a place to put your thoughts?"

I looked at my bin, having once been so proud, now I only felt shame.