Thursday, June 4, 2009

Letters to the Editor

People who still write into the newspaper are so cute! They think their opinion matters and can change stuff. You can tell they are really old because a) their names are all like Beverly, Lorna or Norman and b) if they had a blog, they wouldn't need to do this sorta thing. They had the best letter today, from Alan Wells in Wembley:

"The trend of using part-time and casual workers in Australia has to stop. Women returning to the workforce after having children are also causing inconvenience to the public by not being up to date with technological change. Consumers are having to deal with employees who don't know their products or are making simple mistakes which take time and resources to remedy."

Hahahaha. I am really excited to see the replies to this letter over the next couple days. This guy is REALLY old. I think I have served approx a million dudes like him at my myriad of shitty retail jobs (that I work part-time at! to support myself while I study! should probably just get centrelink so as to not to disturb the public!). He is this guy:

Alan: Hello miss, I am looking for a sweater/book/CD.
Me: Sure thing. What kind of sweater/book/CD? How much are you looking to spend?
Alan: I'm not sure really.
Me: Do you want me to hold your hand and point out every single sweater/book/CD in the whole of the fucking store and see if you like it when I could be eating candy in the stockroom?
Alan: Oh yes.

Uh yeah guy, I know that my life is meant to be about pushing products at you until you get confused enough to buy one, but I hate consumers that don't know what they want. I'm not even gonna touch the "women are too dumb to catch up on like 2 months of technological change" thing. RAB asked me what my dream job would be. I said trust fund kid OR worker's comp that lasts for infinity but I don't have any obvious disabilities.

Love Clare xoxo
p.s. - We have been giving your dad oral @ www.chroniclesofdardia.com for one whole year now!!

No comments: